.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Drinking at the Capitol?

The recent "scandal" to hit the Capitol has been a FOX 9 news story about legislators and lobbyists drinking at the Capitol at then end of session (you can see the article here). This news story strangely focused only on DFLers drinking, although even the governor has admitted that it is done on a bipartisan basis.

Is the hype appropriate? I don't think so. Sure, legislators probably should not be drinking at the Capitol. While I have heard that some legislators have supplies of alcohol in their offices, I have never seen any drinking myself. It is a rare event, and it does not affect the legislative process one bit. I would welcome a ban, but in the end this is truly much ado about nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home