.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 10, 2005

The O'Franken Factor

I didn't mention Al Franken yesterday as a possible candidate for Senate because frankly I didn't think about it. Today, he announced that he will not be running, which is a good thing in my opinion. Sure, I think he's a very funny guy, and I agree with his politics, but I could not vote for him. I don't think Minnesotans appreciate the carpetbagging. He admitted as much.

There is a list of possible candidates at the Star Tribune. Of the list right now, I think Amy Klobuchar could be a very good candidate. Although she isn't widely known outside of the metro area, she is a very good speaker and I think she could energize Democrats. Mike Hatch is supposedly off the list. The others, like Jerry Janezich, Tom Rukavina, and Buck Humphrey, are longshots right now.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, February 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regardless of your or his politics, you must admit Franken is not funny and never was. I remember growing up watching SNL and wondering how the heck he got on the show. The "Al Franken Decade"?

He was on the show for years with a range of the funniest people in the world, among whom his presence was no less bizarre than the appearance of a black hole would have been.

His current talk radio gig is much more appropriate for him as there is effectively no requirement or expectation of humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home