.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Rep. Lesch out of Iraq

Rep. John Lesch has left Iraq after only a week. The story just gets weirder, though. Apparently, a senior Iraqi official lectured him about coming to Iraq, sounding like a pissed-off parent. I guess the reason why Iraqi and U.S. officials were so ticked was that had something happened to him, they would have had to stage a rescue or something.

I really hadn't thought about that. If I went to Iraq and was kidnapped, I wouldn't expect the military or anybody else to do anything. I would expect to get my head chopped off, honestly. That's the risk you take entering a country with an active insurgency. You're an adult, and if you go there by your choice, then nobody is there to look after you.

If some random U.S. citizen can't even enter the country without all hell breaking loose, it's hard to see how things are getting better over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home