.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, March 31, 2006

Probe flap back

Greg Wersal, the lovable conservative whose lawsuit led to political endorsements for judges, is now demanding an investigation into the whole Dean Johnson-judicial conversation issue. And it looks like he is going to get it.

Is this what people really want? I think the truth that comes out isn't going to make anybody look good. If I had to bet, I would say that there was a conversation between Johnson and a judge, and it went something like this:

Johnson: "You know, I'm getting a lot of heat over our existing DOMA law not being good enough."
Judge: "From where I'm standing, it's a pretty robust law."

That's the end of it. Two sentences max. Certainly not a promise to rule in a particular way, or anything else. Nor is it as strong a statement as Johnson implied. But it was something pretty concrete.

Maybe we'll never know. But like I said, I think this is how it went down, before Johnson and the mystery jurist starting talking about Daunte Culpepper.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, April 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let this story keep running. The longer it is news, the more citizens of this state (1) realize that the amendment is not needed, (2) grow tired of the distraction, and (3) express their opposition to the amendment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home