.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, June 30, 2006

Kersten smackdown

When I write about Katherine Kersten's kolumns, I typically focus on her ridiculous reasoning and "logic". Frankly, that's about all I can stand. Rarely do I have the time to do extensive fact-checking of her work; besides, I spend too much time thinking about her anyway for my health. But that's not stopping others from finding factual errors. According to a Hennepin County Judge, the drug dealer with five felony convictions and out of jail after only four months turned out to be a guy with TWO convictions who had spent 400 days in jail, over a year. Minor details and all.

See, it's not that Kersten's reasoning and logic is insane, although it is. She just makes stuff up. She does it a lot. Yet she continues to get away with it. That's some quality journalisming, Star Tribune.