.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, September 16, 2006

A thought experiment

I normally don't do national politics, but this is something that is so outrageous, it bears comment: the trials for suspected terrorists, and what the Bush administration wants to do.

The way I understand it, the Bush administration wants something like this: they haul in Michael Brodkorb of MDE as a "suspected terrorist." They also haul me in as a suspected terrorist. Under "coercion" (read: torture), I finally exclaim "Yes! Yes! Osama bin Laden personally told me that Michael Brodkorb was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks when we were eating at Tucci Benucch in the year 2000! He did it!" This becomes the main piece of evidence in the case against Mr. Brodkorb, but because it is "classified" he never gets to see any of it. He could even presumably be put to death on the basis of this, and he would never know it.

So is this it? Do I have anything wrong?

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Douglas Hester said...

I'm with you on this one - I just wrote a long refutation of the proposed law on my blog:

northernmuckraker.blogspot.com

America is in big trouble if legislation such as this gets passed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home