.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

No one to vote for

In an article today, Jesse Ventura says that no one to vote for. This is a pretty sad thing to say. Even if Jesse doesn't think that he can vote for anybody for president, there is still local races to vote for. He could write in his fellow Independence Party candidates. He could voter Libertarian, if that is what his beliefs are. There is no need to give up so easily.

I hope that people don't follow his lead, and instead vote on November 2nd. It's too important to forget.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, September 27, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've occasionally enjoyed Jesse's politics, but at a certain point in his career, I got the impression that he'd finally concluded that the only politician he could support was himself. As Bill Maher used to say, Jesse, "Get over yourself!"

-Kevin Hayden
The American Street

 
At 11:52 AM, September 28, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Writing in names when no one is activly running a write in campaign is a fools game. The fact of the matter is there are no good candidates running for president this time around. I have in the past had no trouble finding a candidate I could agree with more often then not, but this time that is not the case. I will vote because I want my dissaproval of all the major candidates to be heared and have local referendums I care about, but if anyone wants to find a better use of their time I say more power to them. Life is to short to waste 20 minutes voting for people you don't support, or pretending your write in vote will even be counted as anything other then write in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home