.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 21, 2005

Senate Budget Bandaid

The Senate today proposed a plan to take care of the budget deficit even if the legislature can't decide on an overall budget fix. This plan would take care of the shortfall by enacting some of Pawlenty's cuts (not the cuts to health care, however), and raising revenue by preventing some taxes from expiring.

Preventing cuts to health care is good news, but I think this is not much more than a gimmick. It would be nice to see the legislature agree to a comprehensive budget that covers everything, instead of a temporary fix. There's still time.

I think the best part about the article is Steve Sviggum's comments, however. He panned the proposal for "not giving enough money to public schools." Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! And, "The do-nothing Legislature last year was caused by Senate Democrats." Oh, Steve, your caucus may be in disarray, but at least you still have your sense of humor.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, March 21, 2005, Blogger Matt said...

I'm an avid reader of this blog so I'd thought I'd try to attract some like minded readers with a shameless plug for my blog MN Publius. I have my own analysis of the budget proposal on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home