.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, October 28, 2005

Pawlenty's feeling blue

Wow. I'm pretty surprised at this frank tone from Governor Pawlenty on MPR yesterday. I didn't hear the actual radio programme, but I did hear about it today, and all I heard was that he was pretty belligerent. I had no idea he was so down on his chances and the Republican party in general.

I don't believe all of it, though. Part of this has to be a lowering of expectations. Pawlenty is, after all, a very good politician. What he isn't so good at anymore is being likable. He used to be pretty charismatic and say all the right soundbites. But for the past couple months at least, he has lost it, instead being pretty negative when dealing with the public.

Pawlenty sure hasn't been very impressive lately.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, October 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pawlenty has made comments like that before. It's not really new.

He is a good politician. He repeated his comments about "standing by" Bush regardless of his popularity, but distanced himself from him in subtle ways. I was most surprised when he said something like "Last year on election day, I thought John Kerry was gonna win. I'd been talking with some Democrats with connections to [Kerry], getting ready to work with him if it happened."

That's not verbatim, but it's pretty close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home