.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Trade mission to China

I really don't have a lot to say about the trade mission to China. It's a good thing. I'm a free-trader. That won't win points among the far-left people in the world (or the far-right people in the world who are concerned with China's treatment of Christians), but I think that the more trade we have with China, the more open they will become. And if Minnesota companies can reap some benefits from that trade, it's all good.

Besides, I'm not trying to win points from those aforementioned groups anyway.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger mnsky said...

I read somewhere that the best way to change a repressive regime is to allow free trade... because along with the trade comes new ideas, exposure to new cultures, and ways of doing things. It made total sense to me.

Still it's hard to swallow that building a McDonalds in China might change it's dismal record on Human Rights. I guess that's irony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home