.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Metablogging

The Pioneer Press has an article today about Minnesota bloggers. I'm not quoted in the article. Presumably, this is the article that a reporter was doing research for some time ago, as I was contacted by one about an interview. I said that I wasn't willing to give up my anonymity, he said no interview, and that's that. I really don't care that the anonymous part was a hangup; the Pioneer Press can set whatever standards they want.

The article in general talks about how blogs may or may not influence the 2006 elections. I'm not delusional: I know that blogs will have little impact, if any. I also know that blogs certainly aren't going to become a replacement for traditional media like the Pioneer Press. Blogs will be a place for debate. They will also be a place where the occasional scoop is made; this blog, though, probably is not the place to look for that. I'm not "plugged in" as you might say, nor do people feed me hot tips. I blog because I'm a policy wonk and I like to write. Not to influence elections.

Even though I wasn't in the story, I did rate a description in the blogger profiles section: "This blog doesn't focus on just one candidate or party. Author writes on a breadth of Minnesota issues, such as unemployment and taxes. Creator tends to rant at times about random topics." Yeah, I guess I can rant from time to time. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger North Star Politics said...

I'd say it's a blogger's prerogative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home