.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Katherine Kersten's Korner

Another (early) Thursday, another kolumn. This one is about those baby boomers. Ah yes: what a drag it is getting old.

Wingnuttia level: 0

Today's kolumn is basically a reflection on the fact that the baby boomers are now starting to turn 60. The generation that is used to getting its way and doing what it wants will be moving into retirement, Social Security, and pants up to their armpits. What will happen? What will the challenges be?

A better question might be: does anybody believe that Kersten has been to a Rolling Stones concert? Give me a break. Kersten looks like my grandmother, for whom Mel Tormé is the height of popular music (not that there is anything wrong with that). I can't imagine what Kersten would do when the communal joint was passed around. Would she even know what it was?

If she has anything right, it's how silly boomers look at these concerts. I've been there, and seeing 50-year olds act like they are teens again is not a pretty sight, and not only due to the extra weight they are carrying.

I hope I die before I get old...

1 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, January 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really are only as old as you feel, trust me on that. If anyone wants to have fun at concerts, I see no reason to let the killjoys get 'em down either. I'm not sure what age you have to be to stop having fun, but perhaps some here can enlighten me on that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home