.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Scott Newman running for Judge

According to Minnesota Republican Watch, Republican Representative Scott Newman is running for judge in the First Judicial District, and will be seeking the GOP endorsement. This comes on the heels of the court decision allowing judicial candidates to do this.

Of course, I think this is a terrible idea. If Newman wants to get voters to elect him to office so he can enact his pet ideology, then he should stay in the legislature. But what really struck me when I read this was literally "Who?" I've never heard of this guy, although he was apparently elected in 2002. I had to go check the House website to confirm that he is a legislator. I may not be plugged in, but I usually know elected officials at least by name. Where did this guy come from?

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, January 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe he was elected in a special to replace Tony Kinkel.

 
At 8:21 PM, January 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope. He replaced Rep Tony Kielkuski when he took a job working for SOS Mary Kiffmeyer.

linda higgins

PS: I have never seen this Newman guy either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home