.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Crazy leftists

I'm with Dr. Ralph Goldstein on a lot of what he sayshere. Not necessarily about not being represented if Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer is elected, or that I love the DLC (I certainly do not), but about the left-wing crazies in the process. I do consider myself to be a moderate on a lot of issues. More than that, though, I consider myself to be a rational person who tries to find real solutions to problems.

I don't support Nelson-Pallmeyer not because he is against the war in Iraq. I am too. But he, like a lot of people in this world on the left end of the spectrum, seems to be a complete and total pacifist. War should never be undertaken lightly, but sometimes it needs to be done. That's an unfortunate fact of life.

The conspiracy-theory stuff certainly isn't helping. I'd like to be able to say that only the right has conspiracy wackos, but there are some people on the left who are equally mired in a shadowy world. At least it is still pretty safe to say that only the right wing openly calls for murder and genocide, though.

I know that Minneapolis and the 5th CD are very liberal, but that doesn't mean it needs to be represented by a crazy person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home