.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Primary elections

Obviously, it's too late for me to tell you to get out and vote today in the primary elections. Between work, running errands, voting myself, and going to this month's DFL meetup, I didn't have the time. It wasn't terribly interesting anyway, since there are not many races that have contested primaries. But I still voted.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that I was not already registered to vote. I moved to my present address within the last year, and when I changed my driver's license I did the whole motor-voter thing. Apparently, that didn't accomplish anything. I had no problems registering today at the polls, but the fact that I wasn't already registered really pissed me off. Considering our Secretary of State, however, it's not surprising.

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, September 15, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a letter in the Strib from someone who had the same problem today.

Is there a problem with the Motor Voter files?

Someone should look into this...

 
At 1:16 PM, September 16, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also moved this year and was surprised to find that my reg had moved. I expected to have to register at the poll, but didn't have to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home