.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Rasmussen Senate poll

The latest numbers from Rasmussen on the senate race are out:

Klobuchar: 45
Kennedy: 42

Bell: 43
Kennedy: 40

While it is no surprise to see Kennedy losing to Klobuchar, it is surprising to see even Ford Bell leading him. Since Bell hasn't done anything huge lately that could generate a surge in support, I think this shows how weak Kennedy is. After all, Kos points out that he hasn't broken 42% in any Rasmussen poll yet. Kennedy is not looking so hot.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bell is totally catching on that's what this poll says. It also says Kennedy and Klobuchar are not moving much.

I have received a bunch of mail from him, heard is ads on Air America, seen him in the news, heard him on MPR.

He even called me personally and asked for my support. I have not been called by anyone else.

I like that he took the time to talk to me on the phone. I am totally going to caucus for Bell.

 
At 7:56 PM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that Ford Bell's 43% is mostly a reflection of Kennedy's weakness. Most of that number is probably support for the ABK (Anybody But Kennedy) candidate. In fact, I really have to wonder whether Ford Bell even has 43% name ID with the general population statewide.

Also look at Bell's weak performance at last weekend's straw poll in St. Paul among DFL activists -- he barely got 25% of the votes in a 1-on-1 match-up with Klobuchar (with very few undecideds). That is definitely evidence against any kind of Ford Bell surge of momentum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home