.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Come on, Norm!

Via Atrios, I came across a very interesting statistic today. Remember all of those "snowflake babies" that the far-right crazies used as props to justify their votes against the stem cell research bill? All of those Petri Dish-Americans who had been "adopted" out of the freezer? Well, I had figured that there aren't a whole lot of those kids around, but I was shocked to read how few there are. There have been 128 "snowflake baby" adoptions. Not 128 per month, or even 128 per year. 128 in total, ever.

All the reports I read say that there are 400,000 frozen embryos in clinic freezers around the country. Since I'm guessing that more than 30 or so couples per year in this country undergo IVF (creating several embryos each), that means that all of the available "snowflake babies" will be adopted...never. That's right: the longer IVF is legal in this country, the more "people" we are creating just to ultimately destroy.

So, Norm, I ask again: since you voted against the stem cell bill to protect the "sanctity of life" along with all of the other fundies, and since the continued existence of IVF is only creating more frozen embryos faster than they can be adopted, leading to their almost certain "death", when are you going to put forward a bill to ban IVF? I'm waiting.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, July 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it helps my chances of becoming VP in 2008. Duh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home